Financial Aid Advisor III
Company: Black Hawk College
Posted on: March 15, 2020
Financial Aid Advisor IIIPrintApplyFinancial Aid Advisor
IIISalarySee Position DescriptionLocationQuad Cities Campus -
Moline, ILJob TypeFull-Time StaffDepartmentFinancial AidJob
Number20-00108Closing3/18/2020 11:59 PM Central
- QuestionsGeneral Information & ResponsibilitiesGRADE:
118REPORTS TO: Director of Financial AidTYPE OF SUPERVISION GIVEN
TO OTHERS: Supervises front-line staff, including Financial Aid
Intake Assistant, part-time staff, and work study/student
workers.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Financial Aid Advisor III is
responsible for the efficient operation of financial aid programs,
including rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; advises
students and parents on financial aid programs.Description of All
DutiesDESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Responsible for processing verifications and reviewing FAFSA
applications; compares Institutional Student Information Record
(ISIR) data with income tax returns and other documents.
- Submits ISIR corrections in the U.S. Department of Education
- Responsible for processing Special Condition adjustments to
- Advises students and parents/guardians on all applicable
financial aid application processes, policies, regulations, and
- Responsible for using professional judgment in interpreting and
applying federal regulations.
- Applies problem solving and critical thinking skills while
assisting in the development and origination of financial aid
programs, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees and manages front-line staff and intake/processing
operations for the Financial Aid department.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of State and Federal
financial aid regulations.
- Understands and maintains up-to-date working knowledge of all
job-related modules in the student database; including but not
limited to financial aid, registration, schedules, accounts
receivables, drop codes, and academic progress.DESCRIPTION OF OTHER
- Assists with processing year-round Pell grants.
- Assists students with completion of the FAFSA and other
financial aid-related forms and related questions.
- Conducts group sessions and presentations related to financial
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.OVERALL
- Demonstrates BHC core values.
- Accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of work.
- Works cooperatively with others.
- Provides supervision, guidance and support to front-line
- Communicates in pleasant manner with employees, student,
vendors, and general public.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information under
federal FERPA regulations and state guidelines.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge.
- Adheres to College, federal and state guidelines.PRINCIPAL
- Works directly with the Director of Financial Aid.
- Works cooperatively with Financial Aid staff.
- Works cooperatively with Student Services staff.
- Works cooperatively with students, parents, and the general
- Works cooperatively with governmental agencies as
needed.Education & Experience(To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience in
financial aid required.
- Prior experience processing and verifying FAFSA applications
- Intermediate level ability with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
and PowerPoint required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience conducting workshops and/or presenting to groups
- Must be able to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.The above
statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the
principle functions of the described job; it is not an
all-encompassing statement of all the work requirements that may be
necessary to perform the job.Supplemental InformationWork hours for
this position will be 8am - 5pm. Occasional hours outside the norm
may be required for special events which include Financial Aid
services.Anticipated starting salary range for this position will
be $39,000 - $49,000 per year.Candidates are strongly encouraged to
submit a cover letter and resume with the online application.
Official transcripts will be required from the candidate selected
for hire which verify the Bachelor's degree.BHC has an outstanding
benefits package. Some of the benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage on first day
of employment. Our medical plan has NO deductible!
- Free life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Retirement thru SURS (visit www.surs.org to learn more)
- Optional 403b
- Tuition waiverBlack Hawk College does not sponsor employment
visas.While you contribute your talent and enthusiasm to BHC, as an
eligible employee you will have access to outstanding health
benefits, ample time off, a pension plan, educational
opportunities, and much more. In this section, you will find an
overview of our comprehensive and generous benefit programs. Be
sure to check out the Compensation section as well.Core
BenefitsMedicalPrescription Drug PlanMail Order
PharmacyDentalVisionBasic Life InsuranceTuition WaiverEmployee
Assistance ProgramLong-Term DisabilityFlexible Spending Account
(FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA)Paid HolidaysFree use of fitness
centerSick LeaveVacationPersonal DaysRetirement Pension Plans State
University Retirement System of Illinois (SURS): Employees working
in a regular and continuous position or one in which services are
expected to be rendered on a continuous basis for at least four
months or one academic term, whichever is less, may be eligible to
enroll in SURS. To learn more about SURS, visit
www.SURS.org.Optional 403b Tax-Deferred Investment Program:
Employees may set up a 403b plan through Edward Jones
Investments/Mass Mutual.01Do you have a Bachelor's degree or
- No02Do you have at least two (2) years of professional work
experience in Financial Aid?
- No03Do you have prior experience processing and verifying FAFSA
- No04Do you consider yourself to have at least an intermediate
level ability with the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
- NoRequired QuestionAgencyBlack Hawk CollegeAddress6600 34th
AveMoline, Illinois, 61265Phone309-796-5222 309-796-5223
Keywords: Black Hawk College, Moline , Financial Aid Advisor III, Accounting, Auditing , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!