Posted on: November 17, 2021
Busy Pediatric practice is looking for an experienced Medical
Insurance Billing Coder. The ideal candidate for this position must
have EXCELLENT customer service skills, be detail oriented, have
basic accounting knowledge and ENJOY working with people in a TEAM
atmosphere. The Medical Insurance Billing/Collection Clerk is
responsible for a variety of job duties and tasks including
excellent customer service, insurance billing and collections. This
person will have various duties including managing delinquent
patient and collection accounts, working directly with patients and
their families on billing questions, various payment plan options
offered, sending collection letters as well as working with outside
collection and billing agencies. Daily and month end balancing to
the PM system and bank statements for payments received is
required. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service
and telephone skills and strive to achieve high patient
satisfaction. This is for a full-time position. Hours will vary
Monday thru Friday and include 1-2 Saturday's per month. This
position will also include cross training and working in the front
office area also. Requirements
- Two years MINIMUM experience in medical insurance billing and
collections, preferably in an office environment.
- Certified Coder Preferred.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with patients, insurance
representatives and co-workers
- Must have the ability to work independently, requiring little
or no direction in performing day-to-day responsibilities
- Must be dependable, reliable and a good role model
- Maintain positive working relationships with co-workers
- Must have an attention to detail with the ability to examine
documents for accuracy and completeness
- Knowledge of insurance company reimbursement procedures and
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and medical terminology
- Ability to read and understand EOB's involving adjustments,
COB, non-allowed amounts, co-payments, etc.
- Ability to post insurance payments, make collection calls and
additional duties as assigned
- Ensure patient satisfaction by patients, families and visitors
by greeting in a warm and welcoming way
- Ensure registration form is complete and up to date, updating
patient accounts when needed.
- Pull and prep charts as needed.
- Newborn/New patient intake as needed.
- Distribute all incoming faxes; pull charts to attach any
reports, results or correspondence.
- Answer phone calls.
- Must have sound decision-making skills
- Basic accounting and computer skills
- Must be available to work Saturday's.
- Must be available to work varying scheduled hours.
- Allscripts Practice Management system experience helpful
- Additional duties as assigned BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance options with premiums
- 401k plan
- Life and Disability Insurances
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Great Work Environment!
Keywords: CareCloud, Moline , Billing Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!