Manufacturing Engineering Development Program (Full Time) 2019a
Company: John Deere
Posted on: September 22, 2018
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW. Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline Function: Manufacturing Engineering Title: Manufacturing Engineering Development Program (Full Time) 2019a - 46464 Your Responsibilities We're hiring for the 2019 full-time engineering development program where you will do multiple rotations through Manufacturing engineering. In your rotations, you will:
- Provide support and basic trouble shooting for current operations. Investigate, gather and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Implement new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Develop and implement plans to support lean manufacturing scope. Design operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Establish routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs.
- Identify and implement cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas.
Manufacturing Engineering Opportunities
- Fabrication, Machining and Components
- Factory Automation
- MaterialsWhat Skills You Need
- Currently pursuing or recent college graduate (within the past 12 months) with a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Ag Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Weld Engineering or related degree.
- Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Minimum cumulative GPA required of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, safety, ergonomics, tooling, tool design and layout of facilities.
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
Location, location, location! We have locations across the United States so you must be willing to relocate domestically.
Work Statement: US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. What You'll Get At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package. The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: John Deere, Moline , Manufacturing Engineering Development Program (Full Time) 2019a, Engineering , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!