Current College Students - Electric Drives Engineering Graduate Student Summer Intern 2019
Company: John Deere
Posted on: November 25, 2018
The 2019 Summer Internship Program is for students enrolled in major fields of study that align with full-time employment opportunities at John Deere. Students may enter the program during undergraduate or graduate studies. The majority of our internship experiences are offered in the summer months, usually lasting 13 weeks.
A graduate student electric drive intern supports product analysis, design, and/or testing activities for electric drive components and systems used on vehicles worldwide. Specific activities vary by position but will include one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Work with other engineers to define and develop the engineering requirements of electric drive components and systems.-- Electric drive components include motors, generators, active rectifiers, inverters, convertors, batteries, high voltage wiring, and connectors.-- Electric drive systems include traction systems, secondary drive systems, power management systems, auxiliary drives, and precision control systems.
- Integrate the electric drive system into the vehicle
- Design electric drive system interfaces and specify the related vehicle systems to meet the vehicle requirements.
- Test electric drive components in Deere high voltage labs
- Support the build, commissioning, and testing of the vehicle integration aspect of the electric drive system
- Test vehicles and systems being used in the end customer application to verify performance and to refine requirements
- Provide technical analysis and design of electric drive components, including electric machines, power conversion electronics, and harnesses
- Design motor control and system control algorithms for electric drives and vehicles
- Simulate electric drive systems and vehicle systems to develop control algorithms and to virtually verify performance prior to hardware available.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: John Deere, Moline , Current College Students - Electric Drives Engineering Graduate Student Summer Intern 2019, Engineering , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!