Environmental Services Director
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCan you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature
to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and
care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older
adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join
our team as a full-time Environmental Services Director at our
Cedarhurst Assisted Living of Moline community. As an Environmental
Services Director, you will have to opportunity to connect with,
and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! This
includes providing our residents with a safe living environment by
overseeing and delivering quality and timely maintenance repairs
and ensuring the community is maintained exceptionally - both the
interior and exterior, as well as the grounds. In this role, you
will work alongside the community's Executive Director and entire
management team to ensure a pleasant and safe living experience for
our residents. As an Environmental Services Director, you will
impact the lives of our residents by –
- Maintain all areas inside the building, including offices, to
include, but not be limited to: cleaning and shampooing of carpets
and furniture, window cleaning, and the maintenance and replacement
of vinyl floors.
- Maintain grounds including outside building repair and lawn
maintenance in cooperation with the landscaping contractor and
garbage removal services.
- Assist in implementing and documenting preventative maintenance
program for facility and equipment.
- Assist in supervision of housekeeping personnel, as required by
- Prepare and refurbish apartments for resident move-ins;
including painting, carpet laying, replacement of vinyl floors and
installation of ceiling fans.
- Maintain fire safety and emergency records and procedures in
compliance with regulations and environmental concerns (natural
disasters, fires, loss of electricity, plumbing issues, pipe
breakages, etc.) as well as distribute material safety data sheets
- Inspect resident apartments for potential problems and hazards,
report updates to Supervisor for follow up.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance and keep
quality assurance records up-to-date for physical plant.
- Perform janitorial tasks including the reparation and
maintenance of equipment and building facilities.
- Supervise additional maintenance staff and housekeeping
personnel, as required by Community needs
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director or
entire leadership team from time to time.To become an Environmental
Services Director, you will need –
- 2-5 years of past related experience preferred OR accredited
- Applicable state licensure, as required.
- Desired working knowledge of carpentry including drywall
repair, painting, light plumbing and preventative maintenance.
- Must have basic technical knowledge and mechanical ability to
perform routine maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical
equipment and possess a basic knowledge of construction
- Passion for working with older adults.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate clearly and take
direction from management, as well as to take initiative and go
above and beyond to meet resident needs.
- Flexibility and the ability to work weekends, as needed, and be
on call after hours.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position which
includes, but is not limited to, seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling
or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to
50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistanceWhen
considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member
will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful
and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you're devoted to doing
The Friend's Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize,
and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For
this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as
well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team
members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including
medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability
coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents,
family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All
offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a
background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19
vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19
and TB) and using designated PPE when required.Salary Range:
$18.50We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss
potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Cedarhurst, Moline , Environmental Services Director, Executive , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!