Avionics Crew Chief - Aviation Maintenance Manager
Company: Total Aviation Staffing, LLC
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionOur client is a leader in aircraft solutions they
have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Crew Chief. Since 1936
they have been a world-class provider of comprehensive and
customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Their vision,
building partnerships that last, applies to their employees as well
as their customers. As an Avionics Crew Chief, you will be part of
a team working to provide outstanding products and services to
their customers.Salary Range: $30 - $46 depending on experience.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D Insurance, Short-Term
Disability Insurance (STD), Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD),
Voluntary Benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings
Account (HSA), 401kResponsibilities of this position include:
- Manage all aspects of assigned aircraft projects including
coordinating necessary resources, documentation, and communication
with the appropriate personnel to ensure timeliness and quality
installations for delivery of assigned aircraft projects.
- Inspect, service, repair and troubleshoot aircraft avionics
components and systems in a safe and organized work area.
- Manage assigned technicians on all aspects of assigned aircraft
projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout all
phases of the projects.
- Manage projects by scheduling and assigning work for team
members and monitoring day-to-day activities of team members for
compliance and quality performance.
- Hold team members accountable to Elliott Aviation approved
policies and procedures including aspects of professionalism,
safety, and cleanliness of the work environment.
- Oversee, complete, and maintain accurate and timely aircraft
and project documentation.
- Inspect, service, repair, and troubleshoot aircraft avionics
and related systems utilizing the Elliott Aviation approved
procedures, policies, and the appropriate original equipment
aircraft manufacturers' maintenance manuals.
- Inventory parts provided for project and order parts as
- Review work package for thorough understanding and verification
of accuracy including; Wiring Diagrams, ground and flight test
procedures, certification, structural drawings, STC's, schedules,
manpower allocations and required ground support equipment.
- Coordinate/verify with the modifications repair team all of the
following; incoming and outgoing function testing, power up, ground
testing functions and flight test requirements Assist Mod repair
team with these functions as needed.
- Coordinate/communicate with other departments and project
manager, job status and timing of project milestones as necessary
for the highest level of efficiencies.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all environmental, health
and safety, federal, OSHA, state and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.Top candidates
- Willingness to manage a team with both experienced technicians
and mentor junior technicians with a calm demeanor.
- Willingness to learn by taking guidance from others.
- Ability to communicate well in straight-forward situations
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to work
Other Requirements include:
- Airframe & Power plant Certificate and/or FCC License
- Qualified Inspector designation - Eligibility for RII
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required. Associate
or Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
- Five Years Avionics Installations and modifications Related
- Previous Leadership and Supervisory Experience preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties
- Must be able to work various shifts, as assigned by
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel.
- Manlift qualifiedThe statements herein are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.Our client is an
equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified
applicants consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Total Aviation Staffing, LLC, Moline , Avionics Crew Chief - Aviation Maintenance Manager, Executive , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!