Company: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Moline, IL
Posted on: November 26, 2022
General ResponsibilitiesDirects and coordinates activities of
the entire hotel operation including departments such as front desk
operations, sales, conference center, housekeeping and maintenance
to meet the mission and standards of guest satisfaction, property
appearance, and employee support established by Stoney Creek Hotel
& Conference Center. Supports executive management in formulating
and administering organization policies by performing the essential
duties personally or through the leadership team at the property.
The focus of this job is making connections with people,
motivating, and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an
engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth
and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job. The
work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment
and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and
self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people.
A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely
motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing
interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge
and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by
understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to
goals is essential. The job requires a high degree of "selling,"
whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products
or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast paced
and results oriented. While there is urgency to goal achievement,
responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared
and effectively delegated when necessary. The ability to
understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the
changing organization environment is a critical key to success. In
general, the core of this position requires a motivated and
motivating team builder and organization developer. -Supervision
Received/ProvidedThis position is supervised by Stoney Creek
Hospitality Vice President of Operations and provides direct or
indirect supervision of all property personnel. -Essential
- Directs hotel operation by developing and implementing
strategies and services. Develops business plans, evaluates
business trends and modifies strategies to meet or exceed the needs
of owners, employees, and guests within budgets.
- Understands, promotes, and embraces the People First philosophy
of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center and develops staff
through timely performance evaluations and knowledge of market
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast
data to achieve property stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with Regional Market Manager or Executive Management to
review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or
objectives resulting from status and conditions.
- Resolves operational and facility problems to ensure maximum
guest satisfaction and prevent operational delays to meet future
- Oversees key projects, processes, and performance reports.
- Reviews and supports Sales to encourage market growth through
the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans and
direct revenue management.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for the sales
developments or property enhancements.
- Direct the preventative maintenance and deep cleaning projects
to meet the standards of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center;
encourage new design concepts, new technology, or products which
will provide cost reductions, and improve safety.
- Reviews and approves administrative reporting, payroll,
schedules, financial reporting, budgetary planning, and submittals
for capital expenditures.
- Communicates successes and/or concerns on a timely basis with
appropriate corporate staff
- Variety of activities including multiple projects occurring
simultaneously. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency for goal
achievement in a fast-paced environment.
- People/relationships focus Team building Inspire, motivate
others, and engage their commitment
- Involve others in decision-making process; cooperative,
collaborative decision-making and responsible for assuming
responsibility for risk
- Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, empathetic, stimulating
communicator, with a persuasive "selling" style
- Leadership based on ability to motivate others -Task List
- Assume 24-hour property operations responsibility.
- Delegate responsibility for day-to-day operations to other
managers and follow up to ensure optimal level of quality service,
hospitality, and timely administrative processing.
- Effectively communicate information to property and corporate
staff to sustain an efficient and effective operation.
- Understand how to manage a culturally diverse work
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in decision making, personal
appearance and communication to create an atmosphere for success
whenever and wherever you represent Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference
- Enforce operational and cash control for the property.
- Resolve and monitor customer complaints, operational issues,
and business flow to correct problems at the earliest opportunity
to maintain the highest quality of customer satisfaction.
- Review and maintain room inventory daily, weekly, and monthly
to maximize hotel revenues including both transient and group rooms
in conjunction with Revenue Manager, Central Reservations, and
others as directed.
- Recruit, train, motivate and mentor staff. Monitor performance
and counsel staff. Observe employee break and lunch times for
appropriateness. Conduct performance reviews in advance of the
- Schedule management and hourly staff within budget guidelines.
Cover any shift or position when alternative options are not
available. Process payroll.
- Educate staff on emergency procedures, safety precautions and
People First. Adhere to all government and company
- Utilize property management systems to process day-to-day
transactions, review progress, resolve problems, and gain maximum
insight into property operations.
- Oversee food and beverage operations and events including
Conference Center, Continental Breakfast and Bars to provide a high
level of service to guests and customers.
- Assist Front Desk, Conference Center, Maintenance and
Housekeeping, as required, to assure customer satisfaction,
cleanliness and to meet quality assurance standards.
- Assist corporate staff and perform other duties as requested by
upper management. -Other Duties
- Actively participate in area Chamber, CVB and other appropriate
meetings and events. Lead aggressive Public Relations efforts in
- Manage and control supply inventory including guest amenities,
linen, hard goods, disposables, food, beverage, liquor, and
- Log and track gift certificates and Northwest Travelers
- Promote the Guest of the Week program through proper
- Appoint coordinator for gift shop, promote gift shop sales via
staff and monitor cleanliness and inventory control of the gift
- Supervise interior and exterior updates or repairs.
- Drive shuttle when another driver is not available.
- Conduct new hire orientation as required.
- Code accounts payables and credit card purchases as
- Conduct regular staff/sales meetings.Required
- High School degree or GED required. College degree in related
- Five years of hospitality experience desired.
- Fully educated and able to train others on all hotel emergency
- Knowledgeable on the use of all chemicals and equipment used to
carry out the tasks of the hotel and able to train others.
- Able to read, interpret, train others, and follow the rules and
procedures provided in the employee handbook. -Technical Skills and
- Have knowledge of all hotel emergency procedures, especially
fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with the computer systems and electronic machines
used to carry out the tasks of this position. - Use protective
equipment provided. Benefits of working at Stoney Creek Hotels -
- Paid Onboarding -
- Paid Training -
- 401k plan with Safe Harbor Match - -
- eligible for the first open enrollment after 90 days -
- Health and Dental through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and
Vision through Avesis anywhere from a single to a family policy -
- eligible the first of the month following 60 days of employment
- Paid vacation and sick leave -
- Flexible schedule -
- Paid Holidays - -
- Hotel room discounts -
- Opportunities for career progression -
- A thriving culture that provides genuine hospitality -
- The ability to own and empower your work
- Join a great team of like-minded individuals who work hard -and
-smart at the same time -
Keywords: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Moline, IL, Moline , General Manager, Executive , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!