Sports and Recreation Director
Company: Two Rivers YMCA
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Sports and Recreation Director - Careers At Two Rivers YMCA
Career Opportunities with Two Rivers YMCA Careers At Two Rivers
YMCA Share with friends or Subscribe! Current job opportunities are
posted here as they become available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to
receive instant updates as new positions become available. Back To
Openings Sports and Recreation Director Department: Sports & Rec
Location: Moline, IL
Employee Type: Regular Full-time
START YOUR APPLICATION SPORTS AND RECREATION DIRECTORPOSITION
SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading
nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening
community through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. The Sports and Recreation Director at the Two
Rivers YMCA intentionally fosters a safe and well-maintained sports
area and facilities, while also managing high-quality,
member-focused sports staff and programs.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include
supervising existing program activities, establishing new program
activities, and expanding the program within the community as
- Works with the Building & Grounds Director to assist with
monitoring sports facilities and grounds.
- Prepares annually, maintains, and manages daily sports
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training a diverse staff
of employees and volunteers.
- Develops, implements, and supervises sports and recreation
programs throughout Rock Island County, representing the
Moline-East Moline and Rock Island branches. Coordinates programs
and occasionally schedules inter-league games with the Kewanee
branch, as possible.
- Initiates the marketing and distribution of sports programs
along with effectively communicating program offerings and updates
to other staff, parents, members, and the community.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community
organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication
within the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for managing programs, including monitoring the
program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling accurate
program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of
participation in programs.
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA Mission and Character Values
in all programs and activities.
- Responsible for scheduling facilities including staffing,
scheduling classes and programs, and required safety
- Responds to member, participant, and community inquiries and
issues in a timely manner.
- Establishes and expands new programs in accordance with the Two
Rivers YMCA Association Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a safe working
environment and directing the work of staff.LEADERSHIP
- Program/Project Management
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & OthersSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for training and supervising volunteer coaches, part
time employees and program participants. Serve as the primary
responder in the event of an emergency.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- One to two years related experience is preferred.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Current CPR, AED, First Aid, and Lifeguard Certifications, ARC
- ARC Lifeguard Instructor Certification preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and Car Insurance
- Minimum age of 21.
- Within 30 days of hire, completion of Blood Borne Pathogens
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community.WORK ENVIRONMENT
& PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time
and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be
able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential
functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment,
including in the water and anywhere around the zone of
- Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness. START YOUR
Visit Our Home Page - 2023 Two Rivers YMCAApplicant Tracking System
Powered by -
Keywords: Two Rivers YMCA, Moline , Sports and Recreation Director, Executive , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!