Company: Covenant Surgical Partners
Posted on: January 10, 2020
Covenant Surgical Partners is hiring a Fulltime Registered Nurse at
Heartland Clinic Regional Surgicenter in Moline, Il.
SHIFT: Days: Monday - Friday.
Under general direction from Center Manager, the Registered Nurse
provides professional nursing care through assessment, planning,
treatment and evaluation of the patient. The registered nurse is
responsible for delivering safe, knowledgeable, compassionate,
educative and individualized nursing care to patients and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies that essential equipment is functioning properly each
- Performs patient preparation, including but not limited to:
review of medical history, acquisition of appropriate consents,
measuring vital signs, starting IV, administering medications, and
setting up appropriate monitors. Assists in relieving patient's
apprehension before and during administration of IV sedation or
- Assesses and monitors patients before, after and throughout all
phases of care, demonstrating competency with all monitoring
- Transports and positions patients as needed.
- Records and documents all vital signs and assembles and
maintains all related patient records.
- Maintains patient safety, and ensures a clean, orderly
environment throughout the Center.
- Assists physicians in all procedures.
- Addresses individual patient needs, and completes all pre and
post-op physician orders.
- Adheres to CDC Bodily Fluid precautions and infectious waste
disposal according to policy.
- Manages supply inventory, ordering and restocking supplies as
- Conducts pre and post-procedure orientation and instruction of
patient and/or patient's family, communicating a positive and
caring attitude. Provides verbal and written discharge
- Assists with post-procedure telephone interviews.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- One (1) year clinical experience in surgery or procedure
healthcare including demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique,
working with anesthetized patients, and other clinical situations
found in a surgical or procedural setting.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the legal and regulatory
environment impacting ASC's, and the applicable standards of the
AAAHC, The Joint Commission, and other regulatory bodies for
ambulatory surgery centers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians
and all medical professionals.
- Holdscurrent RN license from the State of Illinois.
- Current certification in CPR and, depending on Center policy,
- OR experience preferred.Willing to train for GI procedures
Would you like to join a dynamic healthcare company? A company that
is looking to be recognized as the premier provider of Physician
Services in the outpatient environment? A company that prides
itself on its foundational values of integrity, responsibility,
mutual respect and corporate citizenship? Now is your
POSITION MAY ALSO BE KNOWN AS
Registered GI Nurse
Pre Op / Post Op Nurse
Operating Room Nurse
BENEFITS OFFERED TO FULLTIME ASSOCIATES: BCBS Medical Insurance,
Dental, Vision, Rx coverage, Medical Spending Accounts, Voluntary
Supplemental Insurance (Short term/Long term disability), 401K
Retirement plan + Company match, Wellness options, generous Tuition
assistance, Paid vacation, Paid holidays and more!
Keywords: Covenant Surgical Partners, Moline , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!