Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Covenant Surgical Partners
Posted on: January 10, 2020
Covenant Surgical Partners is hiring a Certified Medical Assistant
at Heartland Urological Group in Moline, Illinois.
This is a float position, assisting all the MA's and fills in
specific physicians' clinics.
SHIFT: 40 hours per week
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform clinic procedures under supervision of Provider. A
Provider refers to Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse
- Assist Provider in examination rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patient, measure
vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature
if indicated, and document all information in patient's chart.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by Provider.
Carries out orders and arranges for testing/treatment for the
patient under the direction of the Provider.
- Provide patient and family appropriate educational
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is available
in patients' medical records prior to their appointment.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies,
maintain instruments and prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to
patient/Provider/pharmacy calls in a timely manner.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office
staff to Providers.
- Maintains accurate record keeping.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator
temperatures, expired medication samples).
- Assists in provisions for safe, clean and orderly environment
for patients and fellow employees.
- Must display exceptional customer service and phone
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure
timely patient flow.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy preferred.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Assist with orientation of new staff members.
- Refers situations beyond ability to appropriate staff
- Cooperative participation as a team member.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Demonstrates accountability and assumes professional and legal
responsibilities for own actions.
- Channels suggestions, criticisms and questions to appropriate
- Represents the profession and Heartland Clinic in a
- Is expected to report to assigned work area, ready to perform
job duties, on time.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Patient Care
- High school education or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certification required.
- Previous experience in a customer service or clinical
- Knowledge of electronic health record preferred.
- Proficient in medical terminology, grammar, spelling and
- Maintain certification in Basic Life Support.
- Must be competent in the use of basic office equipment
including computer, printer, telephone and fax.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and remain
poised and professional when interacting with potentially hostile
patients and family members.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work
collaboratively with physicians and all medical professionals.
BENEFITS OFFERED TO FULLTIME ASSOCIATES: BCBS Medical Insurance,
Dental, Vision, Rx coverage, Medical Spending Accounts, Voluntary
Supplemental Insurance (Short term/Long term disability), 401K
Retirement plan + Company match, Wellness options, generous Tuition
assistance, Paid vacation, Paid holidays and more!
Keywords: Covenant Surgical Partners, Moline , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!