RN Home Hospice-Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:30 PM with rotating call including w
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: February 14, 2020
UnityPoint at Home is seeking experienced nurses for RN Visit/Case
Manager positions to join our Hospice teams in the following
locations:Central Iowa (Des Moines)Cedar Rapids, IAWaterloo, IAFort
Dodge, IAQuad Cities, IA and ILCarthage/Quincy, IL These amazing
team members make it possible for patients to receive the care they
need where they are most comfortable-in their home! If you like
working independently while providing one-on-one care and
developing relationships with patients and families we want to hear
from you! In this role you have total autonomy and are in charge of
everything for your patient from admission, to the care plan, to
discharge! The Home Hospice Registered Nurse plans, organizes and
directs home hospice care services, initiates, and implements care
primarily in the patient's home environment. The Home Hospice RN
fulfills the role of skilled communicator, educator, leader and
motivator. The Hospice RN ensures that high standards of patient
care are met at all times.
- Ensures compassionate, empathetic quality and safe delivery of
services to patients according to care plan. Uses equipment and
supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Consistently utilizes a patient-centered approach considering
physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related
criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in
- Integrates and coordinates the care of the at-risk population
across the healthcare continuum making assessments, planning
interventions working closely with providers and overall patient
- Facilitates the interdisciplinary plan of care to meet multiple
service needs as well as promote continuity through elimination of
fragmentation of care/service
- Delivers quality care consistent with Hospice Conditions of
Participation, qualifying hospice criteria, payer coverage
criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan
of care to honor patient/ family values/ wishes
- Conducts clinical review of record to include
multi-disciplinary review, coordination of care, provided in
conjunction with visits and documentation.
- Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively
prevents adverse events.
- Responsible for looking at the individual needs of each hospice
order/referral and determining eligibility for hospice services and
appropriate level of care.
- Assist with implementation and coordination of services
required for discharge of patients from hospitals into Hospice's
program of care
- Responsible for coordinating the patient care team in providing
quality, cost effective patient care in the hospice
- Promotes the provision of comfort care to the dying as an
active, desirable, and integral component of nursing care in the
- Uses scientifically based standardized tools to assess symptoms
(eg., pain, dyspnea, constipation, anxiety, nausea/vomiting, and
altered cognition) that are expected by patients at the end of
- Collaborates effectively with patients, families, and other
members of the Interdisciplinary Team to develop an individualized
plan of care to attain specific goals and outcomes.
- Utilizes effective teaching and learning strategies when
providing hospice education for patients, families, colleagues, and
- Coordinates regular scheduled intermittent visits to patient's
home environment, coordinates level of care changes when
appropriate to pain/ symptom management, assesses and implements
increased frequency of visits when patient condition warrants
- Participates in on call schedule to provide 24 hour coverage-
makes emergency unscheduled visits during on call hoursAchieve
certification in Integrated Care Management within 1 year of hire.
Certification includes completing the Integrated Care Management
formal training session, successfully completing assigned computer
based-learning modules within 2 weeks of training, and a competency
evaluation. Use the Integrated Care Management philosophy, skills,
tools and documentation in clinical practice. Demonstrate
competency in selected ICM skills annually QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses
and valid license as a Registered Nurse.
- CPR Certification
- Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s)
- Computer skills necessary
- Ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients/
- Skilled in coping with family's emotional stress
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Minimum 1 year recent clinical experience in medical/surgical,
oncology, or long term care nursing
- Has experience in or demonstrates knowledge of nursing care for
patients with life-limiting illness
- Computer/key board proficiency
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and
- Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance
with state and/or organizational requirements.QUALIFICATIONS
PREFERRED: Masters education in health related field.
- BSN or BS in health related field.
- Previous home care or hospice experience
- CHPN preferred
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Moline , RN Home Hospice-Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:30 PM with rotating call including w, Healthcare , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!