RN Case Manager- Home Care-8a-4:30pm M-F, weekend rotation, on call ro
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: February 14, 2020
UnityPoint at Home is seeking experienced nurses for RN Visit/Case
Manager positions to join our Adult Acute Home Care teams in the
following locations:Central Iowa (Des Moines)Cedar Rapids,
IAWaterloo, IAFort Dodge, IAQuad Cities, IA and ILCarthage/Quincy,
IL These amazing team members make it possible for patients to
receive the care they need where they are most comfortable-in their
home! If you like working independently while providing one-on-one
care and developing relationships with patients and families we
want to hear from you! In this role you have total autonomy and are
in charge of everything for your patient from admission, to the
care plan, to discharge!
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients
according to care plan. Uses equipment and supplies safely,
effectively, and efficiently.
- Consistently utilizes a holistic approach considering physical,
psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria
appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned service
- Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and
information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records
and time and travel entries.
- Integrates and coordinates the care of the at-risk population
across the healthcare continuum.
- Communicates clinical status and plans clearly, succinctly and
accurately to interdisciplinary home care team, schedulers, team
leaders, and physicians.
- Serves as a patient advocate, educator and as central source of
communication for the patient and their support systems, and
- Case conferences with clinical management, physician and
interdisciplinary team in order to provide high quality, cost
- Develops a plan of care appropriate to patient
acuity/complexity and specific to the individual needs of the
- Care is outcome-oriented, reflects measurable progress and
goals toward discharge.
- Is responsible for case management of the patient during the
home care episode including updating the patient's plan of care,
discharge planning, advocacy for patient needs and delegating to
others as appropriate.
- Is responsible for oversight of the care delivered by other
nurses and home health aides during the episode of care.
- Facilitates advance care planning discussions to ensure
appropriate care coordination and high-quality care based on
patient's long-term goals of care.
- Delivers quality care consistent with Home Health Conditions of
Participation, qualifying home care criteria, payor coverage
criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan
- Conducts clinical review of record to include
multi-disciplinary review, coordination of care, provided in
conjunction with visits and documentation.
- Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively
prevents adverse events.
- Demonstrates competency in comprehensive assessment/OASIS
competency without oversight.
- Maintains OASIS accuracy and integrity by reviewing all audits
and reviews and making changes as necessary in a timely
- Responsible for accurate documentation (ie: care plan within
required timelines, care and utilization of resources to achieve
quality outcomes, conferences, discharges, billing, coding.)
- Documentation reflects understanding and application of
qualifying criteria for home care.
- Reviews multidisciplinary care provision, conducts own clinical
review and participates in peer audit, as applicable.
- Assists in the promotion of services and products.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision and
- Maintains compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards, and
Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager or
Clinical Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective operations
of the organization.
- Meet or exceed agency established benchmarks for quality and
process measures, patient satisfaction, OASIS case mix,
productivity and documentation timeliness.
- Employee is responsible for professional communication with all
members of the interdisciplinary team and home care operations.
This includes but is not limited to responding to email, voicemail
and telephony message; attending all required staff meetings;
communicating with supervisor and other team members; reviewing all
employee communication; and reviewing department newsletters.
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses
and valid license as a Registered Nurse.
- CPR Certification.
- ICM Certification.
- Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and
- Strong computer skills.
- Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance
with state and/or organizational requirements. QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters education in health related field.
- BSN or BS in health related field.
- PICC line and Chemotherapy certification
- Previous home care experience.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Moline , RN Case Manager- Home Care-8a-4:30pm M-F, weekend rotation, on call ro, Healthcare , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!