RN Visit- Weekend Package- Home Care Quad Cities Fr-Sun
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:UnityPoint at HomeRN Case Manager.90 FTR - (3) 12 hour
shifts Fr-SunDAYS-WEEKEND PACKAGEQuad Cities IA and IL (50 mile
radius)These amazing team members make it possible for patients to
receive the care they need where they are most comfortable-in their
home! If you like working independently while providing one-on-one
care and developing relationships with patients and families we
want to hear from you!The Home Care RN uses clinical nursing
knowledge, physical assessment, teaching and procedural skills to
deliver high quality patient care in the patient's place of
residence. The RN contributes to the development of the home health
plan of care. The RN delivers patient care directed by the
physician as established in the home health plan of care that is
consistent with clinical best practices and results in high
quality, improved outcomes and exceptional patient
experience.Responsibilities:Patient Care/Care Coordination
- Makes visits to the homes of patients requiring home health
nursing services and assumes responsibility for an ongoing
interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Performs initial and comprehensive assessments on all patients
in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Performs nursing assessment at each visit in accordance with
agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients
according to the care plan.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and
- Promotes patient independence by teaching patients and family
members to understand the following as well as any additional
education needs identified by the assessing clinician and/or
physician:o Treatment and disease managemento Medications purpose,
use, side effects, potential adverse effectso Proper use, safety
hazards, and infection control issues related to the use and
maintenance of any equipment providedo Patient plan of careo
- Provides the services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care managed by the RN Case Manager.
- Provides patient, caregiver and family counseling and education
as indicated in the plan of care.
- Assists the RN Case Manager in the development and ongoing
update to a plan of care that specifies the care and services
needed to meet patient-specific needs determined during the
comprehensive assessment and includes measureable outcomes that
will occur as a result of implementing and coordinating the plan of
- Develops and updates patient's discharge plan on every visit
ensuring patient and caregiver education and training is
facilitating timely discharge and measureable goals and outcomes
are attainable, realistic and up-to-date.
- Includes the patient, representative and caregiver in all plan
of care decisions.
- Assesses for the need to update the current plan of care and
includes the patient and family in care planning decisions and
communicates care plan revisions to the patient, representative,
caregiver and all physicians issuing orders for the home health
plan of care.
- Communicates patient changes and/or concerns to the RN Case
Manager and participates in care coordination to achieve high
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records
and time/travel entries.
- Receives, relays and documents verbal orders in accordance with
state and federal regulations and in a timely manner to prevent
adverse patient outcomes.
- Is responsible for obtaining physician orders prior to
initiation of care and notifying the physician of any changes in
the patient's condition.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners related to the current plan of
- Identifies patient's risks for hospitalization and/or emergency
department use and proactively intervenes to prevent adverse
- Supervises home health aide and licensed practical nurse staff
and documents supervision in the patient medical record.Home Care
- Delivers quality care and completes clear, concise and accurate
clinical documentation of care provision in accordance with home
health conditions of participation (CoPs), various payer home
health coverage criteria, accreditation standards, professional
standards for discipline/credential and the home health plan of
- Maintains competence in OASIS data collection and documentation
and submits all initial and corrected assessments according to CMS
guidance and agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in clinical review of records to monitor quality
and accuracy, appropriate utilization, appropriate involvement of
interdisciplinary team members, appropriate referrals and
coordination of care.
- Participates in peer review and other quality assurance
activities, as assigned.
- Uses appropriate infection control procedures and safety
measure to protect employees and patients.
- Provides patient and family education using UPaH approved
patient teaching materials only.
- Participates in case conferences, in-service programs and other
meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Reviews all patient assignments prior to scheduling first visit
and accepts patient assignments only for which qualified and
competent in any specific care/technical skill/procedure needed.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in quality assurance/performance improvement
(QAPI) activities, as assigned.
- Maintains professional knowledge for
discipline/credential/license ensuring inclusion of content
specific to home and community based care.
- Communicates professionally, effectively and timely to all team
members and co-workers and responds to all communication in a
timely manner including, but not limited to e-mails, phone
communication and meeting follow-up responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships
with team members, patients and family members while maintain
personal and professional boundaries.
- Assist with new employee orientation when necessary.
- Effectively plans, organizes, sets priorities and completes
works assignments with minimum direct supervision per agency policy
and within established time frames.
- Maintains productivity standards as defined by home care
- Participates in evening, night and weekend coverage to ensure
nursing services are accessible to all patients 24 hours a day, 7
days per week (schedules and rotations determined by region).
- Performs other duties as assigned by home care clinical
RequirementsIdentify items that are minimally required to perform
the essential functions of this position.Preferred or
SpecializedNot required to perform the essential functions of the
position.Education:Graduate of State Board approved program for
Registered Nurses and valid license as Registered Nurse in state
where providing care.Experience:One year nursing experience caring
for similar patient population as to be assigned.Home care
experience2+ years nursing
experienceLicense(s)/Certification(s):Valid licensed driver with
automobile insurance in accordance with state(s) and/or
organizational requirements.Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent
Adult Abuse.Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within
first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency
validation activities.CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support
(BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with
Re-certification.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Basic knowledge of
current, frequently used medications, including modes of
administration, actions and side effects.Competency in variety of
nursing skills and ability to perform without supervision (NPWT,
complex wound care, IV therapy, catheter care, ostomy care, chronic
disease management assessment and teaching).Strong interpersonal
skills.Ability to work as a collaborative team member.Ability to
understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.Ability to
navigate and perform basic use of Microsoft Office
products.Maintains a reliable mode of transportation and has the
ability to drive safely during all day and night hours and in all
types of inclement weather.Experience with documentation in an
electronic health record.Other:Use of usual and customary equipment
used to perform essential functions of the position.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Moline , RN Visit- Weekend Package- Home Care Quad Cities Fr-Sun, Healthcare , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!