Firefighter - Paramedic
Company: City of Moline
Posted on: May 7, 2022
FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDICApplication Deadline: Friday, May 27,
2022, at 5:00 p.m.No minimum licensing requirement to test!Salary
- EMT-Basic or RN pursuing Pre-Hospital RN (PHRN): Starting Pay:
- EMT-Paramedic or PHRN: Starting Pay: $58,189
- Excellent Health Benefits and Pension
- Uniform Allowance: $600/yearEducation Assistance:
- Up to $5,000 for employees hired but not licensed as an
EMT-Paramedic or PHRN
- Employee must agree to stay with the City of Moline for 3
years. If employee leaves before 3 years, education assistance must
be repaid on a pro-rated basis.
Licensing Requirements to be Hired:
- State of Illinois EMT-Basic or Registered Nurse within 2 years
of becoming a Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN).
- State of Illinois EMT-Paramedic or PHRN.Probationary Period and
- All new employees will serve a probationary period of not less
than 1 year and no more than 2 years.
- New employees not licensed as an Illinois EMT-Paramedic or PHRN
will be required to become licensed as such within 2 years of
- All new employees must become certified as a Firefighter II or
Basic Operations Firefighter in the State of Illinois during their
- Must live within a 20-mile radius of 1630 8th Avenue in Moline
within 6 months of successful completion of probationary period
(includes Illinois and Iowa).Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Candidates are encouraged to present a valid CPAT card issued
within 1 year prior to the date of the written examination;
however, a valid CPAT card is required by August 1, 2022.
- A CPAT card can be obtained locally for FREE.
- CPAT cards can also be obtained from accredited agencies
nationwide. Facilities in Illinois include: NIPSTA, National
Testing Network, MABAS 24, SUFD, and CIFCA.Ladder Climb and Written
Examination:Date: Saturday, June 4, 2022
- 8:00 a.m. Ladder Climb (Those who already have proof of
successful completion of the ladder climb exercise at another
certified CPAT testing facility do NOT need to attend this
- 8:30 a.m. Written ExaminationOR@Home Testing Written
ExaminationDates: Monday, June 6, 2022 - Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Candidates who elect this option will receive an email after
the close of the application period with further information and
instructions to register for a test date and time.City of
Keywords: City of Moline, Moline , Firefighter - Paramedic, Healthcare , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!