Posted on: March 3, 2019
We are seeking a candidate with a desire to use their clinical pharmacy expertise to advance the operations of a hyper-growth startup company. Pharmacists at divvyDOSE are responsible for being exceptional in all things pharmacy. Our expectations is that our pharmacists are the model of professionalism and have a sense of urgency in their work. The better and faster we go (along with never sacrificing on quality), the more people we can positively impact through our service. The Pharmacist will be active and involved in every step of dispensing of medications and verifying divvyPACKS. The Pharmacist will be responsible for the proper dispensing of all medications filled at divvyDOSE to ensure the correct and safe supply of medications are delivered to the general public. They must also adhere to all company policies and procedures and provide clinical consults to patients and other healthcare professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review prescriptions to ensure accuracy and to evaluate their appropriateness of selection, dosing, and administration of medication orders.
- Perform DURs of patient profiles to identify, prevent, and resolve potential and actual drug-related problems as a pre-check before packs are made.
- Recommend alternative therapy when appropriate.
- Ensure medication packaging is complete and accurate.
- Verify any additional medications filled as extras to be complete and accurate.
- Answer phone calls from doctors' offices for new prescriptions and transfers.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens.
- Ensure all legal, privacy and compliance requirements are met at all times.
- Plan, implement, and maintain procedures for packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and legal requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Obtain pharmacist license in another state as directed by the company.
- Strong computer and typing skills are required.
- Thrive in a fast and metric-driven environment that changes often.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to solve problems and communicate issues clearly.
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Dedicated to excellence and quality.
- Passion to help people and enrich their lives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bonus but not Required:
- Ability to use multiple software programs to fulfill medication orders (QS1, Docutrack) and/or experience working with a TCGRx machine.
- Can play the accordion. Just kidding, that's optional.
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses:
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD) preferred.
- Must hold a current Pharmacist license in the state of Illinois at the time of application.
- Pharmacists holding an additional license in other states preferred.
- Pick and pinch small tablets with fingers, and seize, hold, grasp or turn objects with hands.
- Perceive the size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects by touching with fingertips.
- Lift and push or pull up to 10 pounds.
- See objects at close vision and be able to identify and distinguish colors.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screening and background check.
divvyDOSE provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. divvyDOSE is a drug-free and tobacco-free work environment.
In addition to competitive salary and a unique opportunity to thrive at a growing company, divvyDOSE offers various formal benefits as well.
INSURANCE, PAID TIME OFF, & RETIREMENT
Full-time employees receive Sick days, Vacation days, and Holiday Pay as well as employer-paid Medical (including a Health Savings Account with an employer contribution), Dental, and Vision insurance. In addition, we're proud to offer Voluntary Life & AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability coverage. A 401k plan with employer contribution is available, too.
divvyDOSE has partnered with outside vendors to offer a leadership development series for both current management and potential leaders on the team. In addition, for employees new to pharmacy, the company offers in-house preparation to test for National Certification as a pharmacy technician. With a rapidly-growing startup, the opportunities for advancement are numerous.
In our company description, you can tell the divvyTEAM likes to have fun. Regular potlucks, company events, pizza days, wellness challenges, and divvyNEWS You Can Use updates maintain our work-hard play-hard culture.
Keywords: divvyDOSE, Moline , Part-Time Pharmacist, Healthcare , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!