Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionCan you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature
to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and
care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older
adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join
our team as a part-time Cook at our Cedarhurst Memory Care of
Moline community. As a Cook, you will have to opportunity to
connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents
daily! You will provide a top-notch dining experience for our
residents and their families. You will be responsible for preparing
food as well as addressing any special dietary needs for all
residents within the community. Additionally, you'll assist with
all catering services, special party needs and marketing functions.
You will work alongside the Dining Services Director to ensure the
best dining experience for our residents and create a pleasant and
sanitary cooking and dining area. As a Cook, working with the
Dining Services Director, you will impact the lives of our
residents by –
- Ensures the proper preparation, portioning, and serving of
foods as indicated on the menu cycle and standardized recipes. -
Tastes and prepares food to determine quality.
- Prepares all special dietary needs as directed by the Dining
Services Director and/or menus assigned
- Determines food and supplies needed and coordinate meal
production with serving hours.
- Monitors all food items to see that at least the minimum
guidelines for temperature, taste, and quality are upheld at all
- Assists with proper documentation of temperature logs, taste
panel forms, and cleaning schedules.
- to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of
accountability for results.To become a Cook, you will need –
- High School diploma or equivalent and previous experience, as
well as at least 1 year of experience as a cook
- Basic knowledge of all regulations regarding sanitation and
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the
ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution
for residents, families, employees, and others as needed.
- Maintains or exceeds standards of appearance, cleanliness,
hygiene, and health standards.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which
includes, but is not limited to seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling
or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to
50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.When
considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member
will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful
and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you're devoted to doing
The Friend's Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize,
and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For
this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as
well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team
members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including
medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability
coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents,
family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All
offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a
background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19
vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19
and TB) and using designated PPE when required.Salary Range: $13We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective
employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with
Keywords: Cedarhurst, Moline , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!