CDL A Delivery Route Driver $4500 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: March 12, 2023
CDL A Delivery Route Driver
Performance Foodservice, PFG s broadline distributor, maintains a
unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including
independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools,
and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs,
consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each
customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu
development, product selection and operational strategies. The
Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes
above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve
At Performance Foodservice we deliver your career!
- NO WEEKENDS!
- 4 or 5 day work week!
- $28.20 per hour for drivers with 1 years experience!
- $4,500 Sign on Bonus. Terms Apply
- Potential to earn up to $80K annually with overtime!
- Weekly Pay!
- Eligible for benefits day one!
- On the job training!
- Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
- Be a part of the best team in the foodservice industry
Position Summary: A Delivery (route) Driver is responsible for
driving a tractor trailer or straight truck intrastate and/or
interstate on local, over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and/or overnight
routes to deliver and unload various food and food related products
to customers. All routes are expected to be completed safely in
accordance with all Company policies and Department of
Transportation (DOT) regulations. The driver communicates and
interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally
ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with
preferred work methods and customer service practices.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip)
including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect
tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety
standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety
issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines
and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight.
Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of
products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate
and in legible fashion all required paperwork associated with
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined
route delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer, transport items into
designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on
items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders
according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer
and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where
required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer
- Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately
locked and/or secured at all times.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the
driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all
equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as
- Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock
area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance on day one
- Paid Time Off package
- 401K with company contribution
- Be an owner of PFG with Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Expand and grow with tuition reimbursement
- Safety incentives
- Employee discounts
- Referral programs
- 12 months of commercial driving experience
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL A
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or
other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of
varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges
from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90
pounds, depending on the location
EEO Statement Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries
(individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal
employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees,
regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal
laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to
review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and
supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Moline , CDL A Delivery Route Driver $4500 Sign-On Bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...