Ofcr, Retail Bus Devlpmnt
Company: First Midwest Bank
Posted on: September 11, 2018
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this pageFirst Midwest, with assets over $14 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 130+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa. POSITION SUMMARY:The primary focus of the Business Development Officer (BDO) is to identify and acquire new small business deposit and lending relationships. The BDO will be responsible for conducting external sales prospecting calls to businesses and community organizations, attend networking events in local markets, establish referral sources and work prospect lists. This individual will partner with branch leadership to conduct business calls, identify business needs for new and existing business clients, and serve as a retail banking sales resource for treasury management products and services. The BDO will be responsible for meeting with community Centers of Influence for participation in the structuring of community development activities in support of institutional CRA objectives.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent financial work experience.
- Minimum 5 years financial institution/financial industry business development experience, with proven abilities in direct sourcing and prospecting of new clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient client interaction skills and proven sales results.
- Working knowledge of bank products and services including, but not limited to, SBA lending, Treasury Management, Retail, Commercial, Wealth and Mortgage.
- Existing COI network and knowledge of local markets a plus.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Source and identify small business deposit and lending relationships.
- External calling to develop new and existing business opportunities.
- Engages in joint calling efforts with branch teams to achieve goals.
- Develop a strong internal and external referral network.
- Creates teamwork by working with branch and centralized lending teams.
- Actively networks and participates in external community events covering designated markets.
- Serve as the retail banking sales resource for treasury management products and services assisting the branch sales team. Act as the liaison with the bank's Treasury Management team, as needed, for subject matter expertise.
- Mentor Branch Managers on small business development.
- Identify qualified business prospects to facilitate sales presentations for On the Job Banking, Health Savings, and Community Outreach.
- Respond to qualified Community Outreach requests for presentations to community organizations.
- Attend group and branch sales meetings
- Must be willing to travel to multiple branch locations and markets within designated area of coverage.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Keywords: First Midwest Bank, Moline , Ofcr, Retail Bus Devlpmnt, Hospitality & Tourism , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!