Company: ERP Staffing
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Software Engineer (AWS, Azure, Java, database, log observability
and monitoring tools, machine learning)
Must be able to work at client site in Moline, IL, as needed. (Quad
Moline, IL, US
Looking for someone who has software development experience AND
someone who has worked with infrastructure (server, network, data
center, etc.). Both skill sets are needed to be successful in this
role. Role involves working with APIs - requires coding experience
as well as infrastructure.
This team is responsible for using high volumes of data from other
applications (monitoring/logging data) and turning that data into
root cause analysis of issues or proactively identifying when an
issue is occurring and contacting the appropriate team to take
corrective action. This person would be looking through high volume
of data to see if there are ways to take the data and correlate
that to other relevant data to identify root causes.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Experience in cloud/hybrid environments such as AWS and Azure -
- Experience in log observability and monitoring tools such as
CloudWatch, Datadog, Grafana, Nagios, Splunk - MUST HAVE
- Experience managing large volumes of data such as logs and
alerting pipelines - Highly Preferred
- Experience coding in Java, Python or other languages - Highly
- Database experience, including SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB - Highly
- Expertise in monitoring and performance of SaaS applications -
- Experience with server operating systems and networking
concepts - Nice to have
- Experience with Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation
- Nice to have
Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its
work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to
deliver moderately complex functionality on a complete product or
significant portion of a product it supports. This level develops
simple designs to solve well-defined problems with guidance from
more senior team members. May assign, coordinate and review
portions of the work to support personnel; Makes decisions within
established guidelines subject to review by supervisors; Executes
high level applications to more complex problems.
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and
- Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to
improve cost, quality, and performance of software
- Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications
that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or
- Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members
to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for
development and documentation.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements
into technical solutions.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with
emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and
- Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for
- Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent
experience (University Degree, 4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent
experience (University Degree, 4 years or equivalent)
- Previous experience in programming/software development: 1 - 3
- Software development processes experience: 1 - 3 years
- Participating in Agile Development: 1 - 3 years
- Experience working in an Agile Environment: 1 - 3 years
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements of this position?
Must haves: 1) Experience in cloud/hybrid environments such as AWS
and Azure 2) Experience in log observability and monitoring tools
such as CloudWatch, Datadog, Grafana, Nagios, Splunk
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Preferred skills: 1) Experience managing large volumes of data such
as logs and alerting pipelines 2) Experience coding in Java, Python
or other languages 3) Database experience, including SQL, NoSQL,
MongoDB 4) Expertise in monitoring and performance of SaaS
applications 5) Experience with server operating systems and
networking concepts 6) Experience with Machine Learning and Robotic
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
Aquent IT Solutions operates a mission-critical application
development center and consulting firm headquartered in East
Moline, IL, in the Quad Cities (QC). We offer challenging
opportunities in front-end and back-end web application
development, UX design, project management, business analysis,
business intelligence, big data, and more. We have an engaging work
environment, a diverse and comfortable community of affordable
living, minimal commuting, quality education, and great
entertainment. As a credit to our philosophy, many Aquent IT
Solutions employees are in their second decade of employment with
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please include team and
Our client has a rich history upon which we've built our success.
They are committed to doing business the right way. Their core
values are Integrity, Quality, Commitment, and Innovation. By
embracing these core values and putting them to work in their daily
lives, they help maintain the confidence and support of their
customers, shareholders, communities, and others with whom they
work. Today, they are a company with employees around the world.
While they have achieved tremendous global growth and aspire to
sustain it, they acknowledge they must not lose sight of their
commitment to their core values.
Is there additional variable compensation?
There is a possibility for sponsorship.
There is equity in this position.
Is relocation available?
Is this a new position, or a backfill?
This position has direct reports.
Work hours are flexible.
Keywords: ERP Staffing, Moline , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!