Oral Surgeon Assistant (Dental Practice)
Company: Aspen Dental
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Aspen Dental is on a mission to give
America a healthy mouth. By joining Aspen Dental you are not only
making a statement that you are committed to providing quality care
but you are also becoming a part of a collaborative network of
dental professionals. For an estimated 47 million Americans, lack
of access to affordable dental care is a real problem and by
aligning with Aspen Dental you can be part of the solution.
Working directly with the area's Oral
Surgeon, the Oral Surgeon Assistant performs a variety of patient
care and office duties. The Oral Surgeon Assistant works chair side
as the Specialist examines and treats patients, making patients as
comfortable as possible in the dental chair, preparing them for
treatment, obtaining their dental records and instructing patients
on postoperative as well as general oral health care. This position
will require travel to different offices with the Oral Surgeon.
About Aspen Dental-branded practices
Aspen Dental-branded practices are
independently owned and operated by licensed dentists. The
practices receive non-clinical business support services from Aspen
Dental Management, Inc., a dental support organization.
- Assist the Specialist during a variety of treatment
- Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
- Take digital x-rays as needed before, during, or after
- Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments
- Monitor the patient’s well-being during the procedure.
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain
oral health and combat infection at the oral surgery site.
- Perform various office tasks as necessary.
- Moderate lifting may be required to move equipment from various
offices and setup of the operatory.
- Maintain a supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Guide the new doctors in the use of EPMS such as viewing
patient summary, treatment documents, and clinical notes.
- Able to travel 100% of the time (possibly overnight for some of
- Build relationships and partner with various office teams.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Dental Assistant Certificate with prior assistant experience
- X-ray certification required.
Keywords: Aspen Dental, Moline , Oral Surgeon Assistant (Dental Practice), Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!