Posted on: July 18, 2021
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while
maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the
products our customers need. As an Specialty Assistant Store
Manager, this means:
• Anticipating customer flow and work demand and redirecting
efforts and schedules to ensure proper coverage when and where
• Planning for spikes in sales and ensuring the store has the
in-stock position to support the demand.
• Conducting safety walks, monitoring use of store power equipment,
and coaching associates around safe work practices.
The Specialty Assistant Store Manager leads a team of associates
who work together to ensure our customers receive exceptional
service while shopping in a clean, safe, well-stocked store. The
Specialty Assistant Store Manager is accountable for achieving
sales and margin goals while driving operational efficiencies and
maximizing overall customer satisfaction with the Lowe’s in-store
experience. At times, the Specialty Assistant Store Manager is
expected to provide full leadership over the store.
The Specialty Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on
the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area
support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the
best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational
objectives. Role-specific assignments and priorities will be
tailored to specialty areas such as cabinets, appliances, etc.
Furthermore, this individual may be asked to rotate through
Merchandising and Operations assignments for the purpose of
cross-training and development.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel;
however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings,
trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be
required based on the needs of the business.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged
standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may
lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience leading associates in
a retail environment OR 3 years of experience leading associates in
a retail environment.
• 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional
• 1 year of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities,
including management of daily store operations and processes within
and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
• 1 year of experience directly managing sales associates
(commissioned or non-commissioned).
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• 5 years of experience leading a high-performing sales team with
direct reporting responsibility in retail, business to business,
outside sales, or consumer service industry.
• 3 years of experience performing manager-on-duty
responsibilities, including management of daily store operations
and processes within and beyond assigned areas of
• Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
• Broad knowledge of interior/exterior product categories (e.g.,
flooring, cabinets, millwork, building materials, appliances, home
décor, lighting, plumbing).
• Experience working with store computer systems (including but not
limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson
license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the
requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting
employment in this position.
Keywords: Lowe's, Moline , Specialty ASM, Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!