Registration Specialist - Student Support
Company: Black Hawk College
Posted on: November 19, 2021
REGISTRATION SPECIALIST - Student Support
General Information & Responsibilities
The Registration Specialist - Student Support provides front-line
support for the PaCE Department by answering inquiries and
registering students including the posting of payments and the
daily balancing of cashier session; maintaining compliance rosters
and posting grades; performing various College for Kids (CFK)
duties; monitoring (ed2go/Cengage) online student functions and
completions; and performing general clerical duties such as filing
and completing standard office forms.
Description of Duties
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Serves as first PaCE staff member to be contacted by phone,
email, and in-person. Provides customer service that includes
assessing student needs, answering student quesitons, making
appropriate referrals, and providing directions.
- Registers PaCE students in classes by entering student
information in the College's student database system and posting
payments (cash, check, and credit card). Balances daily cashier
session, drops students, issues refunds, generates student
receipts/confirmations, gathers billing information for company
invoices, and assists with deferred payment plans.
- Updates student demographic information in the College's
student database system and verifies accuracy of residency status
code based on information from student or returned mail.
- Maintains confidntial student files and records for
- Generates and distributes student files and records for
- Once rosters are completed and returned, posts grades and files
rosters. Researches and resolves any past-due grades with
- Responsible for online (ed2go/Cengage) student functions by
instructing and registering students; verifying student enrollments
through ed2go online registration system and receiving notice of
enrollments; generating end of class completion reports and
reviewing student progress reports; and entering student
- Mails schedule and parking passes to those students who
registered online and have class(es) on campus.
- Provides support for CFK that includes but is not limited to:
answering questions regarding the program, registering students,
verifying student class enrollment, posting payments (cash, check,
and credit card), issuing refunds, dropping students, purchasing
supplies locally, organizing information to families needing
carpooling options, preparing medical conditions report, filling
boxes and delivering CFK materials to classrooms and picking up
unused materials at CFK session end.
- Maintains daily sheets to record changes as well as class
status and assures that information is communicated to potential
- Performs general clerical duties such as filing, eliminatng
data from registration form, completing standard office forms,
checking for registration forms in the after-hours drop box, and
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- During the absence of the Outreach Center receptionist, answers
and directs phone calls as needed.
- Assists with contacting PaCE students about class
status/changes as needed. Gathers payment information so refunds
can be issued if needed.
- Assists with contacting instructors regarding materials to be
copied and coordinates the copying of those materials. Assembles
workbooks for classes.
- Assists with selling of books for classes that the PaCE
Department keeps on hand.
- Assists with preparing instructor packet and makes sure packet
is delivered to appropriate destination.
- Assists with distributing updated Banner rosters.
- Assists with CFK in other capacities as needed.
- Assists with ordering/distributing office supplies for PaCE and
resolves vendor/supplier issues.
- Assists with contacting students who have completed PaCE career
classes, recording responses, and creating a post-career class
report as needed.
- Represents PaCE at community/college information
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates BHC core values.
- Accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Communicates professionally and in a pleasant manner with
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Works directly and cooperatively with Director of Professional
and Continuing Education.
- Works directly and cooperatively with all
PaCE/CFK/CommUniversity staff and faculty.
- Works cooperatively with all Black Hawk College faculty and
- Works cooperatively with students, customers, online vendors,
and the general public.
Education & Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High school diploma or the recognized equivalent required.
Associate's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated work experience and proficiency in Microsoft
Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of two years' work experience in an office setting
performing clerical work required.
- Minimum of two years' work experience providing customer
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload, and follow through on
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to
describe the principal functions of the described job; it is not an
all-encompassing statement of all the work requirements that may be
necessary to perform the job.
Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Minimum salary: $11.33 per hour.
BHC provides an outstanding benefits package with comprehensive
medical, dental, vision, and Rx insurance on first day of
employment, free life and LTD insurance, pension through SURS, paid
holidays, paid vacation, paid sick, paid personal days, and much
Black Hawk College does not sponsor employment visas.
Keywords: Black Hawk College, Moline , Registration Specialist - Student Support, Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!