Skycap/Passenger Transport Attendant
Company: Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island Coun
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $14.00/Hour About The Role:The Quad
Cities International Airport is looking for an eager applicant for
the SkyCap and Passenger Transport Attendant position. The Skycap
and Passenger Transport Attendant is responsible for assisting
passengers and providing a high level of customer service to any
visitors, clients, and passengers of the Quad Cities International
Airport. This list of duties and responsibilities is not
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities as management deems necessary. See this position
in action by clicking here. What We Offer:Our employees enjoy a
robust, family-friendly benefit package designed to promote
work-life balance and to support the employee's overall wellness
and future financial security. Benefits for part-time employees
- Employer-sponsored Vision Insurance Program
- Employer-provided LTD and STD
- Optional ICMA-RC deferred compensation retirement savings plan
(457 Plan and Roth IRA)
- Employer Subsidy for YMCA MembershipWhat We Look For:
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred.
- Fluency and comprehension of the English language, written and
- Understand written information in work related documents.
- Express ideas and information clearly with others face to face
and in written form.
- Effectively communicate information or concerns to team lead,
appropriate airport personnel, and/or staffing contracted
- Ability to solve practical problems, and maintain composure in
the event of a stressful or emergency situation.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people frequently over
the public address system in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
passengers, visitors, MAA employees, staffing contract employees,
and the general public.Specific Duties:
- Provide courteous and timely customer service at all times with
airlines, guests, and coworkers.
- Respond to customer questions, requests, or complaints in a
calm and professional manner.
- Provide assistance to any passengers and/or families needing
- Assist passengers into and out of wheelchairs and onto and off
- Assists departing and arriving passengers with loading,
unloading, and carting baggage.
- Assists departing and arriving passengers with checking in
baggage at the airline ticket counters, and from baggage claim
- Safely and efficiently assists passengers to and from taxis,
buses, and cars, including from short-term, long-term and rental
car parking lots.
- Transport passengers to and from the gate, security checkpoint,
ticket counter, and baggage claim via club car or wheelchair, as
- Proactively offers assistance without being asked, at all
- Must have knowledge of the airline layout and flight schedules,
including staying informed and up to date with any airport or
- Ensure customer safety, while following all Airport safety
procedures and guidelines.
- Notify Public Safety Officers during any customer altercations
- Calmly and effectively respond to stressful situations in
- Communicate with airlines and airport staff regarding passenger
needs and other requests.
- Use two-way radios correctly and effectively to call center or
request assistance from other departments.
- Perform other duties and assists other departments as
- Ability to pass a physical examination, drug screen, and back
- Ability to pass a background investigation to obtain unescorted
airport identification/access privileges.Watch your career take
flight! Apply at qcairport.com/careers
Keywords: Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island Coun, Moline , Skycap/Passenger Transport Attendant, Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!