Company: Bethany For Children & Families
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Foster Care Licensing Representative Job Description: Are you
looking for a career that gives you the satisfaction of making a
true difference in the lives of area foster children and families?
Become an integral part of Bethany for Children & Families' growing
foster care team. The important role of a Foster Care Licensing
Representative is to performs all of the various processes related
to the recruitment, assessment, training, licensing, and periodic
monitoring of foster homes that are served within any of the
Illinois Department of Children & Families Services (IDCFS)
contracts held by this agency. The primary focus of a Licensing
Representative is to support and maximize the well-being of
children in the care of the agency's foster care programs. Salary
40k - 50k Foster Care Licensing Representative Performance
- Recruit individuals, couples, and families as potential foster
- Perform appropriate family assessments on potential foster
- Complete the required paperwork and act as the liaison between
the agency and IDCFS to secure final approval for foster parent
- Maintain foster family home files and records per IDCFS rules,
regulations, and procedures.
- Perform monitoring functions related to licensing requirements
for foster family homes.
- Work cooperatively with multiple program supervisors regarding
availability of homes.
- Plan and implement foster care training in collaboration with
other members of the foster care team, as well as with other
- Maintain a professional relationship with peers and other
service referral resources and providers.
- Attend meetings related to agency services and/or staff
- Further the mission of the agency by actively participating in
the accomplishment of the agency's strategic plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Foster Care Licensing
- A Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field; a Master's
- Prior experience in licensing and monitoring of Illinois foster
- Experience in foster care case management.
- Successfully completed the examination(s) related to the
licensing/approval of foster families.
- A valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable
- The ability to fulfill all of the regulatory requirements for
employees of Child Welfare Agencies as are prescribed in Illinois
Administrative Rule and Procedure, including successful completion
of the criminal background investigation, clearance from the
Illinois CANTS, Health Care Registry, and Iowa Registry, and
certification as a driver of children by the IDCFS.
- A flexible schedule that can be tailored in response to program
needs or the schedules of the foster family home caseload
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences in the
- Effective communication skills, orally and in writing.
- A commitment to the agency's vision, mission, philosophy,
structure, and goals with an ability to work as part of a
multi-person treatment team. Foster Care Licensing Representative
- Ten (10) days of vacation earned during the first year of
employment and twenty (20) days of vacation earned during the
second year of employment,
- Twelve (12) sick days earned each year,
- Eleven (11) paid holidays,
- Agency contributions of 8% calculated on bi-weekly earnings to
a 403(b) Thrift Plan (retirement plan) upon meeting plan
- An option of two health plans, one with a Health Savings
Account benefit that includes employer contributions and wellness
- Dental insurance,
- Vision insurance (100% employer-paid premiums if enrolled in
the dental insurance plan),
- Options of employee-paid premiums for supplemental insurance
offered through AFLAC, and
- A Tuition Aide program. Apply today and learn how you can be
part of a team that is keeping children safe, strengthening
families and building healthy communities! EOE PI176596801
Keywords: Bethany For Children & Families, Moline , Licensing Representative, Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!