Company: KONE, Inc
Posted on: September 19, 2022
JOB SUMMARYKONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest,
award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for
employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only
do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for
specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees
- we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles.
Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business
practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our
- Are you someone who enjoys assisting the legal function of a
business by providing advice and services on legal concerns?
- Do you possess thorough understanding of legal concepts, terms
and negotiation issues?
- Can you well demonstrate the highest level of personal and
professional ethical conduct and confidentiality?If YES , come join
our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big!As
Contract Specialist, you will protect KONEs reputation and business
interests and help ensure it complies with all relevant laws and
regulations. The primary focus of this position is to expand the
functions and capabilities of Contract Management by handling high
risk/high exposure contracts with minimal attorney involvement.
Under minimal supervision, reviews, analyzes, revises, and
negotiates construction, modernization, service and repair
contracts to reduce risk for KONE.Primary Job Duties include:
- Review, analyze and perform risk assessment of construction,
modernization, maintenance and repair contracts of various
- Assist branch with assessment of terms and conditions,
clarifications and compliance requirements prior to and during the
bidding or contracting stage.
- Identify areas that require modification, propose
modifications, and effectively negotiate the contracts with
customers to reduce risk to KONE.
- Research statutory and common law legal issues.
- Within the Law Department, point of contact for contracts.
- Ensure all appropriate KONE personnel comply with contract
- Advise branches when order entry is incorrect or
- Analyze customer response to the Rider/Addendum using
analytical skills to determine if the customer response is
acceptable per the KONE guidelines.
- Negotiate the necessary insurance and/or bonds per the term of
- Report to the manager any issues that require modification to
the Work Instructions, areas that require additional training or
issues within the schedule process.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Cross-Functional Team Participation. Review/Write/Revise Work
- Other items as deemed necessary by leadership.We are seeking a
qualified candidate that maintains excellent oral and written
communication skills. Is organized and time management driven. You
must be able to manage workload in a sufficient manner to meet all
assigned due dates.REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor or JD degree preferred, paralegal certification or
equivalent experience in similar field.
- 5 years of experience working with high profile, high exposure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 and Internet
- Preferred , Paralegal experience necessary to thoroughly
review, analyze and negotiate high-risk or complex contracts.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting contracts, abstracts,
reports and legal documents regarding contractual issues.*Applicant
must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a
full-time basis.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.At
KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative
working culture where we value the contribution of each individual.
Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage
participation and the sharing of information and ideas.
Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily
practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to
develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and
respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a
great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences
and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and
personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced
life.Read more on www.kone.com/careersWe are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: KONE, Inc, Moline , Contracts Specialist, Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!