Subcontracted Dental Hygienist
Company: Bethany For Children & Fa
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Bethany for Children & Families Give Kids a Smile (GKAS)
Mobile Dental Program provides preventative and restorative care to
children who do not have access to oral health care. Give Kids a
Smile is a community program aimed at increasing access to dental
care for underserved, low-income children. The GKAS program is run
out of our Moline, Illinois office, but all subcontractors will
meet at the school location based on what days the subcontractors
sign up for.What do Subcontracted Dental Hygienists get out of
working with the Give Kids a Smile dental program?
- Flexible Schedule - YOU decide when and where you would like to
- Pay rate of $30.00 per hour
- The satisfaction of helping children in need of dental care who
have limited resources in getting much needed dental hygiene.
- Get experience working with a wide community-based network of
dentists and hygienists.Subcontracted Dental Hygienist Performance
- Responsible for performing prophylaxis, fluoride treatment,
sealant application, and assisting the other dental team members as
- Arrives at school and enters dental coach in sufficient time to
complete equipment set up and preparation for the treatment day to
begin at designated time.
- Reviews for allergies, heart murmur, or any other medical
- Performs prophylaxis and fluoride treatment prior to the
screening examination by the dentist. The dental sealant is placed
following screening exam by dentist if no decay is present and
permanent molars are fully erupted. These procedures are done on
eligible school children who qualify for the program.
- Assists other staff members as needed.
- Replenishes supplies in her/his care and advise the dental
coach manager when supplies are low.
- Maintains and cleans equipment in her/his care.
- Maintain a courteous and professional attitude at all times
with students and school staff members.
- Sterilizes/replaces instruments after each patient; wipes
down/sterilize the operatory after each patient, rotating tasks
with the other hygienist and dental assistants.
- Ensures that all instruments and operatories are sterilized at
the end of the day.
- Completes all paperwork and returns same to the dental coach
manager for submission by established deadline.
- Performs other duties as assigned when not performing her/his
duties as a dental hygienist, specifically, contacting parents and
guardians to arrange for restorative care; contacting volunteer
dental offices for the acceptance of restorative referrals,
contacting school nurses to facilitate referrals into the
comprehensive screening and sealant program; checking sealant
retention rates; conducting inventory checks on the dental coach,
and perform other duties as assigned.Subcontracted Dental
- Possess a current, valid Registered Dental Hygienist License
from Illinois and/or Iowa (preferably both).
- Be neat and professional in appearance and dressed in clean
attire when performing duties.
- Have reliable transportation in order to arrive on time at
- Have sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences in
- Be able to effectively work in a limited space
- Have the ability to fulfill all of the regulatory requirements
for contractors or employees of Child Welfare Agencies as are
prescribed in Iowa and Illinois Administrative Rule and Procedure,
including successful completion of the criminal background
investigation, clearance from the Illinois CANTS and Iowa
Registry.Come be part of a team of Dentists, Dental Hygienists and
other Give Kids a Smile staff making a difference in the lives of
area youth.EOE PI197362229
Keywords: Bethany For Children & Fa, Moline , Subcontracted Dental Hygienist, Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!