CLS - Lead position - Microbiology
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Job Type: DirectSalary Range: $55,000 - $75,000Shift: 8 hour
nightsJob Description:Position Summary
- Performs various routine and complex clinical laboratory tests
according to established policies and procedures in order to obtain
data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Assess test results for accuracy.
- Performs routine scheduled preventative maintenance,
calibration, and minor problem troubleshooting on laboratory
- May perform blood specimen collection, training personnel and
- Independent judgment and professional education and
certification are required.Primary Job Responsibilities and
- Performs routine and special procedures used to provide
information for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of
disease or assessment of a medical condition.
- Verifies accuracy in patient information and specimen
- Testing performance and assessment includes the pre-analytic,
analytic, and post-analytic phases of such examinations.
- Analyzes test results for accuracy.
- Performs and documents required quality control and calibration
procedures, evaluating any abnormalities pursuing resolution under
direction of manager, supervisor, lead, and pathologist.
- Performs minor procedural and instrument
- May collect patient specimens from all patient age groups.
- Notifies appropriate person (i.e. manager, supervisor, lead,
risk manager, shift supervisor) of problems, equipment/product
defects, and important information encountered in dealing with
physicians, patients, visitors, or other department personnel.
CLS - Lead position - Microbiology - Location: Peoria, ILWe
are ranked the number one healthcare employer in Illinois and Top
10 in the nation.
- A bachelor’s degree in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science.
Successful completion of the ASCP or AMT Board of
Certification CLS exam within the first year of employment is also
required. Alternative bachelor’s degrees are acceptable with
successful completion of ASCP or AMT CLS certification exam prior
- Maintains current certification according to guidelines
established by appropriate certifying agency.Preferred Experience
- Experience not required but 1-2 years preferred.
Physical & Mental Requirements and Working Conditions
- Continually traversing corridors. Must occasionally remain in a
stationary position, sitting or standing, for up to 4 hours.
Operates office and medical equipment constantly. Frequently
lifts/moves/carries objects up to 35 pounds. Occasionally must
position self to lower heights under 4’, stooping or squatting.
Near acuity vision needed. Constant coordination of hands,
fingers, feet and eyes required. Completes basic math quickly and
accurately. Understands complex problems and explores
alternative solutions. Organizes thoughts and ideas into
understandable terminology. Constantly working with others; must
converse and be understood verbally and in written form.
Occasionally must work to understand and negotiate and/or
integrate different viewpoints. Continual decision making
based on data and observation required. The environment
includes frequent emotional stress and occasional violent or
assaultive customers. Hazards include exposure to blood borne
pathogens, contagious diseases and chemical exposure.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Moline , CLS - Lead position - Microbiology, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!