Business Development Officer
Company: Deere Employees Credit Union
Posted on: November 28, 2019
The Business Development Officer is responsible for building,
developing, and maintaining new and current relationships with key
contacts within John Deere units. The Business Development Officer
schedules and conducts visits to various John Deere units with the
goal of introducing and promoting the credit union to new and
existing members. The Business Development Officer will use the
consultative selling process to build financial relationships with
the goal of growing membership and product and service usage.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Builds, develops, and maintains key contacts at various John
Deere units; provides product, rate, and service information to
staff of John Deere contacts.
- Works to establish new relationships by calling on John Deere
dealerships to create awareness of the services the credit union
- Works with the VP, Sales to create and carry out an annual
schedule of visits to strategic John Deere units.
- Builds business and relationships by scheduling, organizing,
and conducting visits to various John Deere units to introduce and
promote the credit union to new and existing members.
- Delivers presentations, in person and remotely, to large and
small groups of current and potential members in order to grow
membership, loan, and deposit product and service usage.
- Serves members in many capacities - loan representative, member
service representative, and marketing representative as
- Coordinates and carries out deposit, lending, and member
services functions in accordance with policies, principles, and
- Effectively meets or exceeds sales goals for new
- Acts as a liaison with marketing vendor to help distribute
marketing information to John Deere Units via contacts within the
units, WebEx presentations, and site visits.
- Coordinates all health fairs, open houses, or other events,
this includes scheduling, planning, organizing, ordering supplies,
working event and providing leadership to other DECU employees
attending the events.
- Covers branch offices and fulfills the duties of Business
Development Manager for staff absences, vacations, etc.
- Assists with various special projects as directed by VP,
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
- Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Credit Unions financial software system as applicable to member
services and loans.
- Regulatory and compliance issues applying to credit union
deposit and lending products and services.
- Operate a PC using the following software applications Excel,
Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Operate the credit unions financial software to access member
accounts to perform transactions, and account inquiries.
- Travel up to 75% of the time to various John Deere facilities
and remote DECU offices.
- Make presentations to large and small groups in a professional
- Achieve membership and sales goals.
- Communicate with members and potential members at all levels
within the Deere organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Business Management plus three
years of personal banking experience with a verifiable record of
success in a sales role and proven ability to build
License or Certificate:
- Acceptable Credit History
- Communication Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Reasoning Ability
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- 401(k) with match and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off
Keywords: Deere Employees Credit Union, Moline , Business Development Officer, Other , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!