Company: Covenant Physician Partners
Posted on: January 13, 2022
We are hiring a Full-time Gastroenterology Technician at
Regional SurgiCenter located in Moline, IL.Schedule:
WeekdaysSUMMARY:Primarily to assist in procedure rooms with
biopsies, setting up procedure room, cleaning.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Must be able to operate the Ultrasonic unit in accordance with
- Correctly sets up GI suite and ensures that all equipment is
functional prior to procedure.
- Assists the physician in simple non-sedated procedures such as
- Assist the physician with assigned GI procedures (ie, EGD,
Colonoscopy, etc.), these will be performed under the direct
supervision of the attending GI endoscopist:
- Apply abdominal pressure (ie, manipulate the abdominal wall of
a patient, commonly called splinting, in order to facilitate
advancement of the video endoscope through the intestine).
- Ensures that the patient has been properly grounded and that
all electro-cautery equipment is functional prior to use.
- Ability to utilize biopsy forceps for the removal of specimens
and ensures proper labeling of the same.
- Checks to make sure that all irrigation fluid is properly
- Maintains basic knowledge of trouble-shooting endoscopic
equipment as needed during a procedure.
- Must be able to enter patient-related data into the endoscopic
databases and the center's electronic health record (as
- Maintain involvement with medical supply inventory, monitors
par levels, restocks needed items and checks expiration dates.
- Maintains knowledge of and adheres to all Board of Managers
approved facility policies/procedures.
- Assists in all rescue and/or resuscitative efforts as deemed
necessary by attending physician, anesthesia provider, and/or
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies are available as needed
- Properly disposes of wastes following procedures.
- Works well within a team environment.
- Recognizes and utilizes safety precautions.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate
- One or more years of related work experience in
gastroenterology or endoscopy.
- Demonstrates strong comprehension of asepsis and sterile
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and work
collaboratively with physicians and all medical professionals.
- Current certification in BLS.ACKNOWLEDGMENT:
All workers in states which mandate COVID vaccinations and/or COVID
testing must comply with the state regulations and Covenant's
Coronavirus Policy and Procedure. In addition, the Company must
comply with CMS Federal vaccine mandate.ABOUT US:Covenant Physician
Partners is a growing physician services company, offering you the
chance to be part of a mission-driven organization that's advancing
the field of healthcare.With Covenant, you are part of something
bigger. Company culture and associate engagement inspire our work.
Our HEART values - Humility, Empathy, Accountability, Respect and
Teamwork - encompass who and how we are as a company, reflecting
our dedication to those we serve.Together, we're improving health.
We recognize that the commitment from the talented group of
professionals at our Nashville Service Center gives our physicians
and providers the opportunity to focus on providing high-quality
patient care. Our associates are truly the HEARTbeat of all that we
do.Covenant is the employer of choice for individuals who wish to
pursue their passion of making healthcare better. We offer
competitive benefits to all full-time associates, including:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Hospital Indemnity,
Associate Assistance Program)
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short-Term Disability
- Associate Discounts (Costco, Sam's, BJ's, Amazon Prime)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + Company Match
- Professional Development Opportunities (Tuition Reimbursement,
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
Keywords: Covenant Physician Partners, Moline , Endoscopy Technician, Professions , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!