Company: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Moline, IL
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral ResponsibilitiesThe Maintenance Tech is
responsible for helping maintain the overall operation of the
maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the
hotel. The assistant must be able to work independently, as well as
with others and under the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
Responsibilities include maintaining the exterior of the building,
parking lot, and common areas, driving shuttle vans as needed,
maintaining all equipment in guest rooms, and working with vendors.
The Maintenance Assistant must be willing to respond to
emergencies, even after hours, and work with corporate maintenance
on special remodeling projects or capital expenditure needs. This
position requires overall maintenance knowledge and trouble
shooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, carpentry,
equipment, and tool usage. The responsibility of this position is
managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and
competence. The position requires above average attention to
details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong
commitment to tasks completed on time. Supervision
Received/ProvidedMust be able to work on their own with little to
no supervision. Primary supervision is to come from the Maintenance
Manager or Reginal Director of Maintenance. Essential Duties
- Assists with hotel maintenance operations by implementing
strategies and protocols as laid out by the Maintenance Manager.
Modifies strategies to meet or exceed the needs of management,
employees, and guests within budgets.
- Understands, promotes, and embraces the People First philosophy
of Stoney Creek.
- Confers with the Maintenance Manager to review achievements and
discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from
status and conditions.
- Assists in the resolution of operational and facility problems
to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and prevent operational delays
to meet future growth.
- Assists in preventative maintenance and projects to meet the
standards of Stoney Creek.
- Helps direct the flow of outside contractors and minimizes
- Communicates successes and/or concerns on a timely basis with
the Maintenance Manager.
- Unambiguous work direction with the ability to complete tasks
from start to finish
- Concern for getting work done on time and correctly
- Extremely task-oriented with high standards of quality and
accuracy Task List
- Schedule work order requests according to maintenance
- Perform maintenance duties, including but not limited to:
- Electrical repairs to appliances, circuits, and fixtures.
- Plumbing repairs to water and sewage systems, including
replacement of water heaters, plumbing fixtures, and cleaning of
- Carpentry repairs structural framing and finish work.
- Replacement of flooring, glass, screens, drapes.
- Painting, both interior and exterior.
- Light repair of roofing, concrete, and masonry.
- Replacement and re-keying of lock assemblies.
- Maintain accurate and current records
- Help coordinate the bidding process, including scheduling and
monitoring work performed by contractors.
- Cooperate and comply with quarterly and annual
- Participate in weekly property walks / inspections.
- Have reliable knowledge of all utility routing and cut-offs,
including water, gas, sewer, electrical, telephone and TV
- Help maintain current records of inventories.
- Help maintain equipment manuals and parts lists on a complete
and current basis.
- Assist in the preventative maintenance process.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening,
weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Help perform scheduled maintenance and preventative maintenance
on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and
operating manuals. Keep the current inventory record the same.
- Physical security – make sure storage areas and entrances are
clean, locked, and that adequate lighting is maintained.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date on company policies and procedures related to
- Maintain through testing and cleaning the hotel pool, pool
house, and pump rooms.
- Other duties as assigned. Other Duties
- Participates in any corporate training.
- Participates in requested hotel meetings and training sessions.
- High School degree or GED required.
- Hospitality experience desired.
- Certification in HVAC, Certified Pool Operator strongly
- Fully educated and able to train others in all hotel emergency
- Knowledgeable on the use of all chemicals and equipment used to
carry out the tasks of the hotel and able to train others.
- Able to read, interpret, train others, and follow the rules and
procedures provided in the employee handbook. Technical Skills and
- Have knowledge of all hotel emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with the handling and use of all chemicals and
equipment used to carry out the tasks of this position.
- Read and follow the rules and procedures provided in the
Keywords: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Moline, IL, Moline , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!