Posted on: November 4, 2018
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an immediate opening for an Intern Architect.
- Entry level position and applies to individuals with up to 2 years' experience
- Completion of accredited professional architectural degree program
- Basic knowledge of construction documents and technology
- Basic understanding of architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code and current ADA requirements
- Knowledge of sustainable building design is beneficial
- Qualifications/Proficiencies-motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; able to design projects for high quality public/institutional and private developer clients
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Google SketchUp is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats
- Production and coordination of construction documents
- Creation of graphical images
- Design and detailing in Revit
- Attend project and client meetings with project architects
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for considerationAbout the Quad Cities AreaMoline is a small community of 45,000 residents that offers perks of large-metropolitan living. It is indeed a part of the larger Quad Cities, which is a metro area of 450,000. As one of the Quad Cities, we're settled alongside a broad bluff between the Mississippi River and Rock River banks. The views are some of the best you'll find - including the view from our office, just blocks from the water along the Great River Trail.
Moline has undergone a fantastic transformation, investing $250 million in redevelopment and revitalization of its riverfront and downtown. (Shive-Hattery is the proud designer of the Moline Centre Streetscape Master Plan.) Year-round events like Taste of the Quad Cities and the Quad Cities Marathon attract a diverse crowd from across the country.
The largest non-gaming riverboat on the upper Mississippi - Celebration Belle - lets you tour the water while enjoying lunch or dinner. Or take a Channel Cat Water Taxi back and forth to enjoy both sides of the river. Don't forget your bike to ride the trails!
The 12,000-seat iWireless Center brings conventions, concerts and sporting teams like the Quad City Mallards to our doorstep.
When you want to get out of town, the Quad Cities International Airport provides nonstop flights to eight cities. Served by four interstates, we're also a quick drive to Chicago or St. Louis. Soon, Moline will be home to the Quad Cities Multi-Modal Station, providing rail service to and from Chicago.
Business is booming here as well - and not just at Shive-Hattery. We're home to John Deere and Kone Elevator, and we're just a few minutes from the home base of Mike Wolfe, star of HISTORY' American Pickers.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Shive-Hattery, Moline , Intern Architect, Professions , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!