Sales Support Associate
Company: UTZ Quality Foods
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Utz is expanding our customer-focused sales team by seeking a
Sales Support Associate to work out of our Moline, IL Sales Center.
The Sales Support Associate assists the Sales Operations Team with
multiple functions, including delivering product to customers,
working in the warehouse, and merchandising stores to ensure we
provide excellent service to the customers within the designated
territory. We are seeking individuals with a skill set that can
embrace and thrive in a sales environment to represent and sell the
best brands of snack food in the industry. This is an hourly, full
* Assists the Sales Operations team with sales and warehouse
activities within an assigned territory, including visiting our
customers' businesses to merchandise and/or deliver product.
* In regions with RSPs, works closely with RSPs in assessing
on-site product inventory maintained by customer and determining
recommended purchase quantities and varieties of product necessary
to maintain adequate product presence. (Note: Sales Support
Associates, as hourly employees, do not make sales or seek to make
sales themselves; however, they may fill in to run a route on
occasion. They support the activities of RSPs, whose principal and
most important duty is selling a variety of Utz snacks products to
retailers/customers within an assigned territory on a regular
* Merchandises the stores, rotating product and ensuring that the
display activity within stores motivates consumers to make
* Uses a plan-a-gram as a reference tool in building a customized
product sales presence that maximizes product accessibility and
sales to consumers.
* Assists the Sales team to develop strong rapport with all
customers, key decision-makers, and other personnel capable of
influencing sales in order to sway retailers/customers towards
purchasing more company products and carrying new Utz merchandise
not currently sold in their stores.
* Ensures that an assigned Utz sales vehicle is operating in a safe
manner and that it is in suitable condition for road
operation/travel. Immediately reports all observed or perceived
safety or maintenance issues to appropriate Utz personnel.
* Orders inventory when working in the warehouse.
* Receives, stores, loads, and ensures all products and materials
are accounted for and kept in excellent condition.
* Unloads trailers that arrive at the center and checks trailer
loads for accuracy.
* Maintains accurate daily inventory balances.
* Uses a hand held computer to balance the daily inventory
(warehouse inventory, daily orders, extra orders, return to stock,
* Keeps warehouse organized including product rotation.
* Covers open routes as directed by the management.
* Delivers product to customers and bins as needed. Places and
merchandizes authorized products in accounts that are to be
Celebrating 100 years of Utz!
Here at Utz, our goal is to manufacture and sell the best possible
products with a commitment to customer satisfaction that is second
to none. Our iconic family of brands includes Utz, Snyder of
Berlin, Golden Flake, Zapps, Bachman, Good Health, TGI Friday's,
and Jax. We pride ourselves on our pleasant working environment,
challenging opportunities, career growth and competitive wages. We
also offer an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
prescription, dental and vision plans, an employer match 401k,
profit sharing plan and more. Come grow with the Utz Family of
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
4731 41st Street, Moline, Illinois 61265
* Prior merchandising, warehouse, or sales experience desired.
* Ability to obtain a DOT certification.
* Sales skills and knowledge of the snack food business
* Requires organizational and attention to detail to maintain
accurate inventory, records, and rotation of product in the stores
and at the distribution center.
* Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
* Requires basic math skills.
* Requires independent decision making on inventory needs,
especially during promotional activities.
* Requires a valid driver's license. Must be 19 years old or older.
Requires passing of the UTZ on-line Defensive Driving Program.
* Must be able to operate a Route Sales delivery step van or box
truck in a safe and competent manner.
* Able to fill in and cover open routes as necessary.
* Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull, load, and
transport light to medium weight products.
* Ability to drive a forklift and/or use a hand jack may be
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Excel.
* Requires the ability to walk, sit, talk, bend, stand, twist,
push, and pull frequently and for long periods.
* Requires the use of hands for simple grasping.
Keywords: UTZ Quality Foods, Moline , Sales Support Associate, Sales , Moline, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!